The Anglican Diocese of Calgary – Refugee Support Group is looking for volunteers to help with the Refugee Program Monitoring Program.
A job description is attached.
Please forward this on to anyone you think would be interested in volunteering.
For further information contact:
Refugee Ministry Coordinator
the Anglican Diocese of Calgary
Refugee Program Monitoring Volunteer
The Refugee Program Monitoring Volunteer will provide support to the Anglican Diocese of Calgary – Refugee Program by implementing the sponsorship monitoring program.
Anglican Diocese of Calgary – Refugee Support Group is a Sponsorship Agreement Holder (SAH) organization and as such has an agreement with Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to resettle refugees to Southern Alberta.
The Refugee monitoring program will assist in ensuring compliance with government policy and regulations of the Private Sponsorship of Refugees (PSR) program.
The volunteer will distribute monitoring questionnaires, conduct interviews and follow up with sponsors and newcomers. As well, the volunteer will assist in strengthening the monitoring program of the Anglican Diocese of Calgary – Refugee Support Group through assessment of tools of monitoring approaches of other Sponsorship Agreement Holder (SAH) organizations in Canada.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Learn and absorb:
· Learn basic history and terminology of the Anglican Diocese of Calgary – Refugee Support Group Program (what we do, who the volunteers are, who we work with, what roles volunteers play, what Anglican Diocese of Calgary – Refugee Support Group’s vision and mission are, etc.).
· Meet with key Anglican Diocese of Calgary – Refugee Support Group volunteers to gain a balanced perspective of what it takes to operate this ministry
Refugee Team Support
- The volunteer will support the Refugee Ministry Program Coordinator in:
- Distribution of questionnaires to sponsors and newcomers
- Follow up with sponsors and newcomers to ensure questionnaires are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Interview sponsors and newcomers
- Compile results gathered from questionnaires in monitoring reports
- Research monitoring approaches by other Sponsorship Agreement Holder (SAH) organizations to strengthen the tools and systems of the Anglican Diocese of Calgary – Refugee Support Group’s monitoring program
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Able to respect and support the mission, vision and values of the Anglican Diocese of Calgary – Refugee Support Group. Ability to recognize this position as one that contributes to the work of God’s kingdom.
- Good telephone etiquette, courteous presentation.
- Professional, cooperative demeanour; flexible and adaptable team player.
- Disciplined, self-motivated work style; able to function competently and productively with limited supervision.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Good writing skills with knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, spelling and general business English skills helpful.
- Computer skills in Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel).